Featured Post

10,000 Hours

In his book  Outliers , Malcolm Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point and Blink ) maintains that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to be wor...

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Doing the Math

 Or rather, not doing it, but pretending it's done.

In the years since I started this blog, I've found my place in Portland's arts scene. I'm teaching and coaching and performing improv. I co-produce a women's comedy collaborative. I joined the committee that produces PortFringe, Maine's Fringe Festival. I have an improv community again!

Now I'm thinking about writing a book ... so I'm coming back to this ancient blog (does anyone even blog anymore?) to post chunks of thoughts, in the hopes that they'll converge into some kind of narrative.

As for the math? I'm pretty sure I hit 10,000 hours a while back. But there's still so much to learn and polish and think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment